Dear SDP couple,
The day is almost here! You’ve planned and stressed and spent literal days creating your once-in-a-lifetime wedding day! While I’ll be there to help however I can, there are some things I want you to know about your wedding day.
- Things are going to happen that aren’t planned. In fact, some stuff might be the opposite of planned. Smile through the little things and remember that at the end of the day you’ll be married to the love of your life!
- Surround yourself with your tribe. Spend the morning getting ready with all the people that make your heart full. The love and conversation will keep your mind off any pre-ceremony jitters and fill your day with sunshine and laughter!
- Laugh. Laugh a lot. Keep laughing when the flower girl cries and runs to her groomsman daddy. Laugh when you’re so caught up in the emotion of the moment that you need the officiant to repeat your vows. Laugh harder when your dad forgets the marriage license at home. Just laugh it off. Those little snafus will just make the story of your wedding day that much funnier.
- This is your day. (Well, both of yours…) Make decisions together that reflect what you envision for your dream wedding. Just because it’s traditional doesn’t mean it has to be done. And just because it’s uncommon doesn’t mean you can’t do it. It’s YOUR wedding day. Do what YOU want.
- Enjoy your day and soak up everything. Your wedding day is a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence. Take a few moments throughout the day to be silent, take a few deep breaths, and take it all in.
Sarah DeMaranville Photography is a luxury wedding photographer based in the Iowa/ Illinois Quad Cities. We love photographing outdoor weddings, as well as museum, country club, and mansion weddings. Our favorite places include The Morton Arboretum, Company 251, The Bend Event Center, The Armour House at Lake Forest Academy, Providence Vineyard, and the Drake Oak Brook.
SDP regularly books 18-24 months out. Please reach to check availability and learn about how we can make your wedding day portraits magical.